Last updated 14 November 2016
Contact details of the data controller:
Host My Pet LLC
Business ID 2778610-3
Maininkitie 4 D 42
- Legal basis for processing and purpose of processing personal data
Primarily, the legal basis for processing of personal data is based on your contract or request to enter into a contract concerning the use of Site and/or the Service. We are processing personal data for the purpose of providing the Service you requested and all actions related to this. Your personal data is needed for example
- to manage your account;
- to provide customer support if requested;
- to collect fees;
- to communicate with other members and to us through the Site,
- to prevent, detect and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities and overall to oversee that the Service is used in an appropriate manner and in conformity with the law and applicable Terms of Service
Host My Pet may also process your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interest, such as for marketing and statistical purposes. We want to improve our Site, features and content, and to enable Users to enjoy and easily navigate the Site. We use this technical data to analyze use of the Site and to increase our Site's functionality and user-friendliness, and to better tailor it to our Users' needs. Therefore we may:
- send marketing messages via email to those who have registered. Marketing messages may, for example, tell about our services, service updates and promotional offers. You can at any time ask as not to send marketing messages;
- customize, measure and improve our services, content and advertising. We can send offers based on your preferences; and
- Collection of personal data
We collect your personal data in order to provide you the requested Service. We may collect your personal data through different means, which are explained below.
Necessary personal data you give us via the Site. This Site and its functionalities require the use of an account. When you register with us through the Site, login or logout (including all attempts) to Site, when you choose to post or reserve a listing or when you contact another Host My Pet Member using the message feature of the Site or communicate with us through the Site, we may collect your personal information. This may include;
- basic personal information, such as your name
- your contact details, such as email, phone number and home postal address
- information regarding your pet
- correspondence through the Site
- transactional information based on your activities on the Site, such as credit card number, billing and other payment information you provide, also including information needed to identify you
Some data we get automatically from your use of Site. This technical usage data includes for example
- user ID, IP address, browser type and operating system, date and times of access and standard web log information, the webpage you were visiting before you came to our Site, pages of our Site that you visit, the time spent on those pages and other equivalent technical usage data.
Technical usage data may be personal data or combined with other data it may become such. To the extent that technical usage data is personal data, we will treat the combined data as personal data.
In addition, we may also collect personal data when you voluntarily give us such, for example complete customer surveys or provide feedback. This personal data is optional and not required in order to use this Site.
3. Sharing of personal data
We may disclose personal data to third parties:
- when required by law such as to comply with a subpoena, requests by competent public authorities, or similar legal process;
- with our trusted services providers who work on our behalf, and who do not have an independent use of the information we disclose to them or;
- if our company is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request;
We might transfer data outside of the EU/EEA if required.
4. Retention of personal data
We will retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary in order to use this Site. After that we will remove your personal data except when required by law or rights or obligations by either party.
5. Cookies and other similar techniques
We do not use the Site to knowingly solicit data from or market to children under the age of 16. If we become aware that a child has provided us personal data, we will delete such information. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us at [email protected] We will delete such information from our files within a reasonable time.
7. Your Privacy Rights
You have a right to access personal data we hold about you. If you think personal data is inaccurate or incomplete, you have a right to request us to correct or remove it. However, it is important to understand that a request of removal prevents the use of Site.
You have a right to object for certain processing, such as direct marketing and profiling.
You have a right to data portability, i.e. right to receive your personal information in a structured, commonly used machine-readable format and transmit your personal information to another data controller.
If you think there is a problem with the way we are handling your personal information, you have a right to file in a complaint to your national or any other data protection authority in the EU/EEA.
In Finland the authority is the Data Protection Ombudsman
You can find contact details through this link
We maintain reasonable security measures (physical, electronic and procedural) to protect personal information from loss, destruction, misuse, and unauthorized access or disclosure. For example, we limit access to this information to authorized employees and contractors who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our Service.
Please be aware that, although we endeavour to provide reasonable security for information we process and maintain, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches.
10. Contact us